Many people know personally what back pain is. Sometimes it completely slows down a person, even the slightest movement is given with great difficulty, sometimes the pain is accompanied by painful sensations for a long time, which reduces the quality of life. Those who feel the symptoms for the first time go to the doctor, others who face the problem repeatedly try to deal with it on their own. In this case, the primary task is to eliminate pain and stop the inflammatory process. There are different forms of analgesics: injections, tablets, rectal suppositories, ointments, gels, patches for back pain.
Painkillers (non-narcotic) drugs. Local anti-inflammatory drugs.
Indications for use of back pain patch
Using a patch is a very convenient way to help yourself get rid of unpleasant symptoms caused by degenerative-dystrophic changes in the spine. Indications for the use of patches are hernia, osteochondrosis, chronic myositis, spondylitis, subluxation of the spine. An immediate reaction cannot be expected, the therapeutic effect is slow due to the administration of small therapeutic doses, but the side effects are minimal.
If earlier we knew only one type of gypsum - pepper, then at the present stage it exists in various forms of release:
- Analgesic patches for back pain, made using: non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs; local anesthetics; medicinal plants; bio additives;
- Heating patches - using mustard, pepper to create an irritating effect on the body;
- Heat-retaining - does not contain medicines, but has an internal reflective surface;
- using chondroprotectors - means that restore cartilage tissue of joints;
- combined action.
Names of medical patches
In the modern pharmacological market, patches are presented in a wide range. To understand and choose the right one, we list their names and brief characteristics:
- Nano-patch for back pain is an innovative development designed to relieve inflammation, pain, swelling, resorption of bruises, relaxation of muscle tension. The therapeutic effect on the affected area occurs due to the metal powder that creates magnetic and infrared fields. This is a plate on which an adhesive is applied, and then a protective film is removed before use. The plates are sold in three sizes: 7 9 cm, 9 12 cm and 11 16 cm. most effective in complex therapy with other drugs of the same direction;
- Chinese plaster - the product is made from a fabric base impregnated with various medicinal compounds. It can be pine resin, myrrh, drenaria, ginseng, beeswax, black ant, chili pepper, cinnamon, ginger root, menthol, camphor and other natural ingredients. The patch is perforated, so it does not prevent air from entering the surface of the skin and does not disturb the metabolism. In addition to symptomatic treatment, it has a healing effect on the whole body, because. The medicinal substances of its ingredients penetrate into the bloodstream and spread through it to all tissues;
- Pepper cake - for its preparation, red hot pepper is used, which creates an irritating and warming effect, and belladonna, which contains tropane alkaloids, their pharmacological action is to relieve pain and relieve spasms. It comes out plain and perforated. The latter is more expensive, but preferable because of its more beneficial effect on the skin;
- Anesthetic plaster - a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug is used on its surface: 70 cm area.2- 15 mg, 140 cm2- 30 mg. treats inflammation, pain, swelling due to damage to muscles and joints;
- Magnetic plaster - the use of a biomagnetic field in combination with medicinal herbs (myrrh, geranium, sophora japonica) - an innovative development of Korean and Chinese science that targets damaged muscle tissue. It is effective in case of back pain caused by tearing of lumbar muscles, intervertebral hernia, spinal cysts, joint inflammation;
- Japanese patch - its active ingredients are methyl salicylate and menthol, whose pharmacological action is aimed at relieving pain and inflammation. There are several types of such products, some of them have a slight warming effect, others have a cooling effect;
- A back pain patch with an anesthetic that blocks pain signals in the pores. It acts directly on the nerve endings, it has a minimal negative effect on the body and is preferable to other forms of medicine. There are three types of such patches;
- A heating patch contains metal powder, activated carbon, salt and water. irritates the surface of the body, relaxes the muscles and reduces pain;
- Mustard tincture - irritates the nerve endings of the skin, improves blood circulation, reduces pain.
Medical plastics eliminate back pain, relax muscle stiffness, reduce swelling and inflammation under their influence. The pharmacodynamics of the Chinese patch allows you to apply it to the area of the cervical spine with its osteochondrosis, restores blood circulation in the brain, relieves migraine attacks, relieves tinnitus. Heating patches activate blood flow in the areas of application, which ensures their therapeutic effect. The mechanism of action of the patch is based on inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins - hormone-like substances that affect muscle contraction.
Lidocaine patch inhibits the increase in the permeability of sodium ions, which ensures the stabilization of neuron cell membranes, thereby blocking pain sensitivity.
Plasters, which include natural substances, have not been studied from the point of view of pharmacokinetics. The active substance of the patch is excreted mainly by the kidneys, its half-life is 1-3 hours, lidocaine 1, 5-2 hours.
Dosage and administration
Each type of patch comes with instructions for use. According to the instructions included in it, the nano-plaster is used on the skin for 12 hours, after removal, the next one can be applied after 6 hours. In case of chronic pathology of joints and spine, the maximum course of treatment is up to 9 days. During inflammatory processes - from 3 to 9 and during bruises, hematomas - 3-6.
Apply Chinese plaster to the painful area with a magnetic stick, before cleaning it with alcohol or detergent, leave it for 2 days, the next one after 6-7 hours. Repeat every 2 to 5 weeks.
The Japanese set it at 8 o'clock.
Pepper, mustard is applied to a non-greasy place after the protective layer is removed from it and left for a day or two. With a strong burning sensation, it is recommended to remove the skin and not lubricate the resistance with petroleum jelly. The next treatment should be done after some time or the patch should be moved to another place.
The anesthetic patch remains for one day, the duration of treatment does not exceed 14 days.
Lidocaine tincture is kept on the body for 2-10 hours, it is used once a day, the duration of wearing is 12 hours, the total duration of treatment should not exceed two weeks. It is possible to use 3 plates at the same time.
The patch is sometimes applied to a light cloth during the day because. It causes severe tingling. Its validity period is up to 10 hours, you can use it again only after 24 hours.
Application for children
The effectiveness and safety of most of the patches offered in children have not been studied. We can confidently recommend pepper, mustard in the absence of a local reaction.
Using back pain patch during pregnancy
Studies on Chinese nano-patch treatment during pregnancy have not been conducted, so it is not recommended for this category of patients. Heating patches: pepper, mustard in the waist area can cause adverse effects during pregnancy. It is better to refuse to use the anesthetic patch during the entire period of childbirth and its feeding. It can cause miscarriage, heart disease in the early stages, in the third trimester - delayed childbirth or the duration of their course. This also applies to lidocaine patches.
Hypersensitivity to the components used in the production of the product, its use is prohibited. Patches should not be used on open wounds or damaged skin. Warts, stitches, neoplasms, new stitches are also contraindications for use. Heating patches are not recommended for patients with thrombophlebitis, high body temperature and high blood pressure. Painkillers should not be used by people with asthma symptoms while taking acetylsalicylic acid and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, open stomach ulcers. Lidocaine patches are not suitable for people older than 65 years with a diagnosis of hepatitis and liver cirrhosis, arrhythmia and heart defects.
Side effects of the patch for back pain
Medical patches can cause local side effects. Before use, it is necessary to study their composition in order not to provoke an allergic reaction to this or that component. Pepper, mustard stains can cause burns, painkillers - adverse reactions in the elderly, as well as in people with kidney, heart and liver diseases.
Due to the low dose of the therapeutic substance entering the blood during local use, it cannot be exceeded.
Interaction with other drugs
There are warnings about interactions with other drugs for patches where drugs are used. So the anesthetic patch should not be used with other topical NSAIDs, but lidocaine has no such warning.
Some types of patches are sold in packages and cannot be used immediately. They should be stored in a dry place out of the reach of children.
Best before date
The average shelf life of such products is 2-3 years, this is indicated on each type of packaging.
Analogues of the described patches are other applicators with a similar therapeutic effect, but different pharmacological effects, as well as analgesic and anti-inflammatory therapy in the form of tablets, injections, physical procedures (therapeutic exercises, massage, electrophoresis, Darsonval).
There are many people who suffer from back pain. Even after the relief of acute attacks, the pain will be felt for a long time, but you should maintain the normal rhythm of life, work. In this case, according to people's reviews, it is very convenient to use only this form of treatment. The patches are thin, invisible under clothing, do not leave marks and do not hinder movement, are odorless, non-addictive, and due to point application, in fact, cannot cause unwanted side effects. It is difficult to name which patch is the best and most effective because. It's all individual. After removing the pain, which does not allow movement with painkiller applicators, you can apply heaters. Feeling warm during the day means relaxing your muscles and feeling comfortable.